Pages

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم



بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

مرحبا بكم

Meditations

Oct 15, 2012

On Enmity and Friendship



Down! Down! my Enemy
and read not my pity and sorrow,
Lest, perhaps, you turn ignorant
and become my Friend tomorrow.
Yesterday went on and today
has gone to join it so soon
My people are down to earth
but I weep and look at the moon
That has always conferred warm light
on the sky and never told for whom.

True,
we all have dreams and fears
of sailors who have seen how
the sea and the waves turn angry
and take everything to drown our land.

Look!
Will it be of profit for you
my Enemy not to be my Friend
And help me not to help you
and act on when shaking my hand?

Farewell to arms, goodbye to fears,
to you I will never give my health.
I will give my best to life and friendship
when enmity had and has always death.
Long and tiring is the journey
to the Lighthouse yet without it
everything always means nothing.


Chokri Omri

‘In the Ornaments of the City Café’
2012


No comments: