Pages

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم



بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

مرحبا بكم

Meditations

May 2, 2012

The essence of language

In these terrible moments you may hold out against the flood, striving to find a place whose edges you may grasp; you may struggle to shape the words and say to them "be", but they escape. Then, after much hardship and drought, they may materialise, and it is then and then alone that you stumble into delirium, a delirium so overwhelming that momentarily you lose consciousness. Why all this? For whom and for what? What is it that motivates me? In truth, I do not know. Usually, I do not ask myself these questions. It is an adventure into which I entered one day, whose deluge swept me away without ever anchoring me. Will I ever find land? I presume, somewhat vaguely, that all I want is to seize some elusive sparkle, to grasp an extinct pulse and make it inhabit the paradise of words. It may be the enigma of existence that sends me to the grace of letters and words in search of meaning. It may be foolishness and ugliness which impel me to search for abscent sources of beauty in the depths of the human soul. I do not know exactly, but I do know that I yearn and die with the longing to embrace the hidden text, the text of all texts, the body of the pulsating language, the old, the new, the ancient, the modern, the silent, the raging, to discover all that is bestowed and is denied. Aroussia Nalouti(Tunisian woman writer)

No comments: